Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Education and Experience
- Graduate of High School- Diploma or Equivalent (GED). Graduate of Surgical Technician Program or instrument room experience. Knows surgical procedures, standards, and practices; works in accordance with them. Knows instruments, methods of sterilization, documentation of sterilization processes, cleaning and maintenance of instruments. Note: This job description/performance appraisal form does not describe all job responsibilities that may be assigned to this job. Job responsibilities may change from time-to-time.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- The area the work is performed in is a high-risk area for exposure to blood borne pathogens. Works in well lighted well ventilated area. Hours of duty will usually be regular (Monday-Friday). Hours of duty may be irregular with covering various shifts.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- Close relationship with Sterile Processing Department and OR Materials Management.
- Job Description
- Organizes, directs, and performs activities related to cleaning, sterilizing, storing, and maintenance of instruments in the OR.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- Physical Capabilities
- Work is of medium demand; walking and standing most of the time on duty. Frequent reaching, handling, and fingering of instruments. Hearing to distinguish requests for instrument(s) needs. Medium lifting requirments due to trays of instruments to be processed.
- Skills and Abilities
- Technical competence
- Policy compliance
- Organizational behaviors
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website