UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- Regions first Magnet designated Hospital
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Offers the opportunity to explore a wide array of pathophysiology. The patient population includes patients with multi-system organ failure, respiratory failure, diabetic emergencies, drug overdoses, autoimmune crisis, and many other critically ill patients. The medical ICU consists of 32 beds with an emphasis on teamwork. The usage of evidence based practice is prominent within this unit as they strive to incorporate the most innovative and patient safe environment. AACN healthy work environment initiatives are incorporated as well within this unit to ensure all six standards are met to achieve authentic leadership, skilled and effective communication, true collaboration, effective decision making, appropriate staffing, and meaningful recognition.
- CNAs are responsible for providing basic patient care under the supervision of a nurse. The duties generally include observing patients, recording vital signs, performing EKGs, and reporting changes in patient conditions.
- Applicant has completed Nurse Aide course and presents Nurse Aide Certification.
- Must maintain a current BLS certification from American Heart Association
- UMC Hospital Orientation & Nursing Orientation
- Unit specific orientation to be determined by the hiring department
- Orientation length is individually based and will be determined by Director
- Health Insurance with Low Deductibles, Low Premiums, and Comprehensive Coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off (Sell Back Option of Unused PTO over 80 hours Twice a Year)
- 403b Retirement with up to 8% match with tenure
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website