The Venice Family Clinic is a community health center that provides quality health care to people in need. Our physicians are committed to the populations we serve and to the mission of the clinic. Under the leadership of the Chief Medical Officer, the Venice Family Clinic physician evaluates, treats, and makes appropriate diagnostic and specialty referrals for our patients. The physician is an integral part of the clinic staff, providing leadership and expertise on medical and patient care issues. Because the Venice Family Clinic has a large volunteer program, the staff physician has a unique role in orienting and providing technical support to the volunteer medical providers. This responsibility includes providing a positive role model, ensuring that volunteers understand Venice Family Clinic procedures and providing continuity of care for patients. The physician works cooperatively all Clinic departments including nursing, pharmacy, clinic coordinators, and Mental Health staff. The position requires flexibility in days and hours for clinical care, as some evening are included in the weekly schedule.
* Possession of active California Medical License
* Board Certified physician in Family Medicine, Med/Peds, Pediatrics or Internal Medicine
* Knowledge of medical problems of minority, medically underserved populations, and the homeless
* Ability to speak Spanish such that an interpreter is not routinely needed during medical exams
* Skill in providing general adult and pediatric medical care in a high-volume clinic setting
* Able to manage a wide range of chronic illnesses especially diabetes and obesity
* Ability to teach and supervise residents and medical students
* Ability to work as a team with multi-disciplinary staff, different medical specializations, mental health providers, other staff and volunteer physicians, and mid-level practitioners
* Willingness to learn and fully utilize our Electronic Health Record to meet meaningful use requirements
* Meet productivity goals as determined by the Chief Medical Officer
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
The Venice Family Clinic is a community health center that provides quality health care to people in need. Our physicians are committed to the popu...
Apply on company website