Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Pediatric Trauma Coordinator - TRAUMA CENTER, Hyde Park - Chicago, IL
Area: 378830 - Pediatrics – Trauma Center
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8-hour shifts, 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / Primarily day shift, but with the flexibility to work off-shifts and/or weekends as needed.
Pediatric Trauma Coordinator Job Summary:
The Pediatric Trauma Coordinator reports to the Trauma Program Manager and works collaboratively with the Pediatric Trauma Medical Director to organize the services and systems necessary to provide a multidisciplinary approach to the management of pediatric trauma patients. This includes collaborating with other members of the healthcare team to assure the provision of safe, cost efficient, and timely care of children who have been injured as the result of trauma, as well as the maintenance of appropriate programs and records as required by the State of Illinois.
Pediatric Trauma Coordinator Required Qualifications
- Current Illinois RN License
- Three years pediatric nursing experience (trauma, emergency department, and/or pediatric intensive care unit). One-year leadership is preferred
- Current in ENPC and TNCC, or obtain within one year of hire. TNCC/ENPC Instructor preferred.
- Certification as a Trauma Nurse Specialist or Trauma Certification Registered Nurse within one year of hire
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with trauma data registry, ICD-10, and/or AIS coding preferred
Pediatric Trauma Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, coordination, and monitoring of patient care activities in collaboration with the Pediatric Trauma Medical Director and the Trauma Program Manager
- Promotion and utilization of appropriate patient care protocols relating to the physical, psychosocial, and developmental needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients
- Collaboration with the family, patient, and multidisciplinary care team to assure appropriate, safe, cost-effective, timely and efficient care.
- Development and maintenance of a set of quality indicators for the trauma program to ensure that staff in all departments dealing in the care of the pediatric trauma patient is knowledgeable about the trauma program and standards of care
- Coordination and delivery of ongoing trauma nursing education, in conjunction with nursing education colleagues, as appropriate
- Participation in the development of trauma protocols related to the care of the pediatric trauma patient and continuous quality improvement processes
- Participation in data collection for use in the trauma registry and identification of opportunities for improvement in the care of the pediatric trauma patient
- Responsibility for the data, chart reviews, and identification of opportunities for improvement for the Pediatric Performance Improvement and Patient Safety meetings
- Other duties, as assigned
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website