Join UChicago Medicine, as a Lead Radiology Systems Analyst in the Clinical Applications department.
As the Lead Radiology Systems Analyst, you will have duties of instructing, directing, and checking the work of other business systems analysts on the Radiology team. This position is responsible for formulating and defining system scopes and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of clinical systems and industry requirements. You will devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desire results. You will also be responsible for the analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications. This role not only possesses full technical knowledge of most phases of system analysis, but also considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment. You will act as a team leader for projects with moderate budget or of a short to intermediate duration.
Essential Job Functions
- Instructing, directing and checking the work of other Radiology systems analysts
- Analyze business and user needs
- Devises procedures to solve complex business problems given constraints
- Document requirements
- Revising existing (problematic) system logic
- Evaluate most business implications of technology on the current business environment
- Mentors less experienced System Analysts
- Team leader for projects with moderate budgets
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business or equivalent relevant certification in healthcare, business management or information systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience within information systems.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience, with several years' experience in business process reengineering.
- Effective project management skills: development and management of detailed project plans, objectives, control methods, and coordination of project team efforts.
- Demonstrated expertise within a specialized area of information systems software implementation (for example: work-flow optimization, particular vendor/packaged application expertise, quality control and testing, policy and procedure development, systems analysis/design, Integration/design, or web applications/design).
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and assess work in order to meet deadlines and to cope in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of working well in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and successfully interacting with others at all levels of the organization, including remote teams.
- Familiarity with tools and concepts of process improvement is desired, including the following: methods analysis, work sampling, statistical analysis, financial analysis, and systems analysis.
- Proven ability to manage multiple requests, tasks, and requirements.
- Proven skills in problem solving.
- Experience in business process mapping.
- Experience defining requirements and software development methodologies.
- Ability to correlate between business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Must have a solid grounding in information systems, understanding not only general strategy drivers, but also detailed industry-specific issues, as well as the linkage between user needs and system enablers.
- Strong functional IT, general management consulting, organizational realignment, and business background.
- Solid interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and effective presentation skills.
- Experience developing presentations for project work.
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings with diverse participants.
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor in both normal and pressure situations.
- Healthcare-focused operational experience in business or clinical operations, Healthcare research or Healthcare teaching desired.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time; on-call rotation
- Shift: Day
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website