Join UChicago Medicine, as a Sterile Processing Technician I in the Sterile Processing Department.
In this role as a Sterile Processing Technician II, you will be responsible for preparing OR surgical case carts decontamination and sterilization of reprocessable supplies, equipment and surgical instruments consistent with innovation of patient care.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs daily inventory of sterile supplies to be kept on hand at all times.
- Maintains environmental cleanliness and order in all work areas.
- Prepares and assembles instrument procedural trays for sterilization.
- Operates gas and steam sterilizer, cart washer, sonic washer, decontamination.
- Surveys and releases all soiled equipment and instrument procedural trays for decontamination.
- Decontaminates supplies according to department policy; washer decontamination, sonic cleaner, cart washer, or hand wash.
- Prepares OR surgical case carts.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High school diploma/equivalent
- Must be able to appropriately and effectively react to requests for emergency supplies
- Must be a clear communicator both verbally and written
- One year in Central Supply as a Process Store Supply Technician is desirable; experience in the central supply of another hospital is desirable
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Nights, 11pm-7am
- Unit/Department: 377706, SPD- Mitchell
- CBA Code: 743 Clerical
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website