Join UChicago Medicine as a Adult Inpatient Social Worker working in General Medicine for the Risk, Patient Safety & Compliance department. Social workers have an integral role in providing the best possible care for every patient during his or her hospital stay and outpatient treatment. Come join our team of committed, quality-focused professionals!
Become a part of our thriving department where we are guided by core professional values promoting service, social justice, dignity and worth of the person, importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence.
Our social workers deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the UChicago Medicine as a whole. Our Social Work Department provides LCSW Clinical Supervision to those pursuing their LCSW, opportunity to provide graduate level Social Work field supervision requiring a field placement, and onsite CEU opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Psychosocial and Safety Assessments
- Transitions of Care Planning
- Coordination of interdisciplinary interventions
- Crisis intervention
- Supportive counseling around adjustment to illness, hospitalization, and/or outpatient care
- Promote access to hospital and community resources
- Master's degree in Social Work from a School of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Self-motivated, organized and comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A Collaborative, solution-focused, team player to help facilitate safe patient outcomes and contribute to institutional goals
- Previous clinical social work experience in a health care setting of at least one year
- Licensure in Illinois
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Previous clinical social work experience in an acute care hospital setting
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time - 1.0 FTE
- Shift: 8-hour shift - 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Unit/Department: Care Coordination
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website