We are hiring Senior Employee Experience and Engagement Manager to work in our Change Management Department at UChicago Medicine. This position offers remote flexibility with 2-3 days per week onsite required at our Hyde Park Campus.
The Senior Manager, Employee Experience and Engagement will drive the systemic enablement of a high-quality employee experience across the University of Chicago Medicine, helping to differentiate it in the marketplace as an employer of choice. The Senior Manager oversees the design and use of employee feedback channels (engagement surveys, champion networks, service tracking systems, etc.) to capture the voice of the customer about current and desired future state elements of the work environment, and spearheads initiatives to address opportunity areas in alignment with the UChicago Medicine and HR strategies, across the Employee Lifecycle. The Senior Manager is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop and implement programs that enhance the employee experience and improve its accessibility to all employees. The Senior Manager guides leaders at all levels to adopt change leadership practices and engage employees in the continuous improvement of collaboration, collegiality and high trust. The Senior Manager is responsible for the design and implementation of programs that enhance employee sentiment of belonging, including but not limited to recognition and assimilation. The incumbent is an integral leader of HR communications efforts that reinforce UCM's employer value proposition and enable an informed workforce.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads efforts to capture actionable insights from employee feedback; uses data to inform key decisions for prioritizing system- and entity-wide employee engagement efforts. Develops implementation plans, aligned cross-functionally, and leads the execution of those plans, leveraging a change management mindset and tools to optimize adoption of change, including sponsorship, influential communications and development of support resources for success.
- Designs and executes communication strategies to strengthen the accessibility and relatability of relevant information shared directly with employees. Leverages voice of the customer data to enable feedback loops for continuous improvement of communication vehicles and/or key messages, enabling a more personalized and meaningful employee experience at UCM. Ensures that Organizational Climate communication plans align messages to the employer brand and value proposition, the UCM Strategic Vision and priorities.
- Directs efforts to maintain and evolve HR support for the Employee Lifecycle, including but not limited to refining the process for employee-centered design workshops in support of continuous improvement efforts; establishing formal, lateral HR collaboration mechanisms; developing infrastructure to prioritize efforts to address highest-value employee experience opportunities; measuring effectiveness of the employee lifecycle.
- Partners with the Employee & Labor Relations team to identify disruptive patterns of behavior or outcomes that withhold organizational success; assesses root cause and collaborates with key stakeholders to design and implement interventions that drive improvements to the employee experience.
- Manages a team of internal program leads/support staff, setting performance expectations and monitoring to enable their professional development and overall success. As appropriate, manages relationships with vendors and maintains their accountability to deliver in the best interest of UCM.
- Plans annual budget and monitors spend to maintain fiscal responsibility.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Change Management, Learning & Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or equivalent background and experiences; Master's degree preferred.
- 8 or more years' experience in change management, organization development or related disciplines.
- 3 or more years' experience leading staff preferred
- Experience influencing senior leaders and a diverse workforce
- Knowledge of business process improvement and employee-centered design preferred
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry a plus
- Strong critical thinking and decision strength
- Strong, creative and innovative problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent project management and consulting skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and listening skills
- Experience dealing with coordinating work across multiple locations
- Change Management preferred
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Day
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Location: Hyde Park in Chicago, IL (Remote Flexibility – 2-3 days/week onsite)
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
Apply on company website