Join the UChicago Medicine team as a Respiratory Care Therapist Student!
This second-year student in RCS will perform basic respiratory care treatments and procedures under the proximal supervision of a licensed Registered Respiratory Therapist. Provides for patient assessment to determine cardiopulmonary status, implement appropriate patient care protocols, or to maintain/improve cardiopulmonary hemodynamic status.
Essential Job Functions
- Administers supplemental oxygen as prescribed by direct physician order or via established and approved departmental patient care protocols; documents such procedures appropriately and accurately.
- Administers intermittent (Small Volume Nebulizer, MDI, etc.) therapy (bronchodilators, steroid therapy, mucolytics, etc.) as prescribed or via established and approved department protocols. Documents such procedures into the EPIC electronic medical record appropriately and accurately; in real-time fashion. Properly assesses and monitors the patient during administration of such modalities.
- Administers bronchopulmonary hygiene. Implements airway clearance techniques (to include Chest Physiotherapy, coughing/deep breathing techniques, Therapy Vest, EzPap device, Acapella device, & incentive spirometry) per physician order or under the guidelines of established and approved departmental protocols. Documents such procedures into the EPIC electronic medical record appropriately and accurately per hospital policy.
- Second-Year Student in an approved and accredited Respiratory Care Program with evidence of continued enrollment
- Basic Life Support Healthcare provider certification (American Heart Association)
- ACLS/PALS Certification
- Job Type/FTE: 0.10 FTE
- Shift: 12 hrs/week
- Unit/Department: Respiratory Care Services
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website