Join a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine Care Network, as a Receptionist at our River East Primary Care Clinic located at 355 East Grand Avenue. In this role you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care. Our Primary Care team provides outpatient care in our state-of-the-art River East location in downtown Chicago which has been designed to streamline visits and connect patients with a world-renowned network of physicians.
The Receptionist, UCM Care Network, performs day-to-day administrative and general office duties including but not limited to welcoming and greeting patients/visitors, checking in patients for appointments, scheduling appointments, answering telephones, and maintaining records and accounts.
Essential Job Functions
- Answer and screens telephone calls in a courteous manner and record messages for physicians and other personnel.
- Schedule patient appointments and procedures according to established policies and procedures.
- Obtain accurate information from patients, ensure all registration forms are complete and collect patient and insurance payments.
- Copy patient information and forward to requesting party after receiving appropriate consent to release medical records.
- Welcomes and greets patients and visitors, assisting and directing appropriately while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned, including respecting/promoting patient rights, responding appropriately to emergency codes, sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' experience in a medical office or hospital setting
- Familiarity with database entry and applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Considerable skill in communicating verbally, in determining priorities and in organizing work
- General working knowledge of PC
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- Computerized appointment scheduling experience
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: First Shift – 8 hour shift
- Unit/Department: Primary Care
- CBA Code: Non-Union
In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 40 hours per week. We anticipate that you will generally be scheduled to work the first shift, between the hours of 8am-4:00pm or the second shift, between the hours of 12:30pm-8:30pm and will not be scheduled for on-call shifts. We anticipate you will be scheduled to work 100% at the River East Clinic. The days of the week that you are scheduled will vary depending on the week, but we anticipate that you will be scheduled to work on weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday) only every other week.
Apply on company website