Join UChicago Medicine as a Sr. Quailty Improvement Project Manager in the Quailty Performance Improvement department
Quality Performance Improvement (QPI) supports clinically-focused improvement endeavors to understand, improve and sustain high-value, patient-centered care across the community. Under the direction and in support of Clinical Excellence, QPI advances organizational priorities aligned with strategic and annual operating plans, Clinical Excellence Priority Scorecard Measures, and quality goals. In partnership with clinical and operational leaders, QPI team members implement sustainable improvements to ensure UChicago Medicine practices evidence-based care with high reliability, transform health care by testing new ways to deliver value-based care, and solve the challenging problems in healthcare through new innovations.
Quality Performance Improvement team members skillfully apply methods and tools within the core competencies of quality improvement and process improvement, project management, and group facilitation to achieve project aims aligned with organizational goals. Team members work effectively with diverse roles across the system to identify inefficiencies, develop solutions, and lead improvement initiatives across the system.
Essential Job Functions
Quality improvement and process design expertise
- Bachelor's degree in a Health Care, Engineering, or Performance Improvement field or equivalent.
- Possess a minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a healthcare, performance improvement, project management, or other advanced position.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff, including physicians and administrative staff.
- Experience facilitating groups with many different stakeholders
- Ability to elicit cooperation and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external leaders.
- Knowledge of performance improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Ability to independently coordinate projects among many functional units; applying project management experience and knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to plan, lead and execute large scale projects with major impacts on clinical operations and outcomes.Ability to manage, interpret, and present data.
- Self-motivated: given appropriate direction for goals, must be able to work autonomously in a sometimes ambiguous and changing environment
- Master's degree in Public Health, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Nursing, or another health care-related field.
- Possess a minimum of 2-3 years' Performance Improvement experience in Hospital, or large Health System.
- Experience with clinical terminology.
- Job Type/FTE: 1.0 FTE
- Shift: 8 hr. Day
- Unit/Department: Quailty Performance Improvement department
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website