Be a part of a world-class academic health-care system at UChicago Medicine as a Project Manager in the MCPP Admin Department.
Acts as single point of responsibility for the overall development, coordination and oversight of BSD and UCM infrastructure projects from inception to closeout, consistent with University and UCM policies and procedures. Primarily manages infrastructure related projects of varying cost, space and complexity which will include several disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building envelope). Works with users and Physical Plant Department to obtain programmatic and operating requirements and manages feasibility studies.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for all phases of project, assigning individual responsibilities, coordinating activities of project team, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards, project schedule and reviews project deliverables
- Manages the project budget (reconciling construction cost estimates; reviewing and negotiating all addition service requests; managing, reviewing and negotiating contractors change order requests and approving contractor pay applications
- Develops a commissioning and turnover plan, including managing a punch list, submitting warranties/guarantees, providing system training, ensuring certificate of occupancy and approving final contractor pay applications.
- Manages project planning process, including reviewing design and construction documents for completeness, constructability, coordination of discipline and adherence to al UCM and regulatory agency guidelines; facilitating and performing value engineering; identifying and securing all resources, soliciting or preparing construction cost estimates; managing selection of consultants, vendors and contractors from request for proposal through contract negotiations and agreement.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction related field
- At least 5 years of Healthcare facility experience (preferred)
- Requires at least 5 years of related experience managing contractors and sub-contractors to specific contractual requirements and to fixed budgets.
- Requires experience with construction and industrial safety requirements.
- Needs functional understanding of typical mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, roofing and façade systems and equipment,
- Requires experience analyzing construction cost and construction schedules, knowledge of the importance of data for troubleshooting construction problems and the ability to provide analysis (specific data) to answer questions.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to speak articulately in high level forums and to answer difficult questions with confidence.
- Requires ability to work independently identifying best approaches to problems/questions and determine when to seek manager or more senior advice.
- Requires prior experience managing multiple projects and working effectively in multidisciplinary groups.
- Requires strong computer competency including familiarity with word, spreadsheet and data base management programs.
- Working knowledge of construction requirements in hospital, research, educational laboratories and other sensitive commercial or industrial areas.
- Prefer OSHA 1926 30-40 hour construction safety training.
- Prefer prior experience managing outside architects, engineers and professional service firms.
- Experience managing projects in a hospital environment including Infection Control protocols and mitigation strategies is preferred.
- Prefer experience with different design and construction methods such as design-build, design-bid-build, lump sum unit pricing, time & material, cost plus, etc.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (1.0)
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: MCPP Admin
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
Apply on company website