Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as a Practice Manager with our Primary Care Clinic in Hyde Park. In this role you will be primarily responsible for direct onsite management of the daily operations of the ambulatory physician practice.
In this role, the Practice Manager partners with key leaders across UCM departments in decision making and ensures a bidirectional flow of information. The Manager promotes excellence in all areas of ambulatory operations and serves as the champion for continued process improvement work. The Manager will focus on the patient and family experience, quality and safety, coordination of care across the continuum, use of technological tools and solutions including EPIC, metrics reporting, customer service, and oversees the budget, billing and related revenue cycle services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Day to day management of practice operations. Including: Establishes staff schedule and daily assignments. Responsible for time and attendance and monitoring overtime. Oversight of practice specific issues with IS, facilities, EVS, supplies, etc. Ensures practice compliance with regulatory agencies (i.e. JCAHO, IDPH, CAP/CLIA). Collaborates with providers and staff to ensure efficient patient throughput. Actively monitors performance metrics and daily reports to make real time adjustments. Ensures patients and family's needs are met. Participates in service recovery at the point of issue
- Responsible for performance management and performance evaluations for all employees
- Collaborates closely with all scheduling groups (i.e. Burr Ridge call center, OR scheduling)
- Monitors the operating budget for labor and non-labor expenses
- Oversees charge entry, denials, disputes and billholds
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare and customer service, ideally overseeing an ambulatory practice framework
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to manage large and complex organizational units with varying needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with physician leaders, preferably in an academic medical center environment.
- Exceptional talent in the selection and mentoring of a high-quality team.
- Proven ability to use data to drive performance improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master's degree in healthcare related field
- Illinois RN license
- Experience using LEAN for performance Improvement is desirable
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Days – 8 hour shift
- Unit/Department: Primary Care
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website