Be a part of a world-class academic health-care system at UChicago Medicine as a Physician Resource Nurse in the Nurtrition Support Service department on our main Hyde Park campus.
Bid Date: 5/4/21-5/10/21
The registered nurse assigned to the Nutrition Support Service is a Physician Resource Nurse with clinical expertise in the science and practice of nutrition support. Working with the interdisciplinary nutrition support team, the Physician Resource Nurse collaborates with the care team, patient, and family to assure safe, cost effective, timely and efficient nutrition support. The Physician Resource Nurse works with the team to plan, implement, and coordinate the nursing care of all patients referred to and accepted by the Nutrition Support Service; participates with the interdisciplinary nutrition support team to formulate and monitor plans of care for patients referred to the Nutrition Support Service; and monitors the nutrition therapy in the outpatient setting.
Essential Job Functions
- Use clinical judgment and experience to manage nutrition support for home parenteral nutrition (PN) and GI Nutrition clinic patients. Collaborate with the patient, family, care team and interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate, safe, cost-effective, timely, and efficient home care. Provide telephone triage and counseling for all patients who are followed by the Nutrition Support Service
- For patients followed by the nutrition support team, formulate inpatient nutrition plan of care, establish short and long term goals for nutrition intervention, and select and monitor nutrition support therapy access and delivery systems.Assess and monitor patients for therapeutic efficacy of care plan, adverse effects (physiological, technical, mechanical, and psychological) related to nutrition support therapy, and clinical changes that might influence the plan of care, altering nutrition therapy when dictated by the patient's condition.
- Collaborate with the patient, family, care team and interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate, safe, cost-effective, timely, and efficient care via rounds, conferences, and other appropriate mechanisms.
- Current Illinois RN license.
- Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC); if not currently held, required within 24 months of hire; job requires continued maintenance of this certification
- Job Type/FTE: 0.50FTE 10-hour shifts
- Shift: Days/Part time
- Unit/Department: Nutri Support
- CBA Code: NNU National Nurses United
Apply on company website