Be a part of a world-class academic health-care system at UChicago Medicine as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs nuclear medicine procedures as assigned. Applies principles of radiation protection. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures and provides necessary patient care during the course of procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Has knowledge of and utilizes appropriate patient care protocol relating to the physical and psychological needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients
- Performs nuclear medicine procedures as assigned
- Selects proper technical factors for each exam, including: collimator, pulse height analyzer settings, analog and computer acquisition parameters, image intensity setting.
- Operates equipment according to manufacturer and UCH procedures
- Utilizes Radiology Information System (MARS) to record exam status
- Prepares radiopharmaceuticals for administration
- Regards safety of patients as a priority in performance of study.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and co-workers.
- Handles patients in conformance with all established safety procedures.
- Uses equipment in accordance with manufacture specifications.
- Recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures when necessary.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Required Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of formal Nuclear Medicine technology training in an AMA approved school
- Eligibility for registry by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or certification by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board
- Eligibility for "Active” IDNS accreditation in the category of Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (1.0) ; 8-hour shifts
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Pet-Positron Emiss Tomog
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website