Join a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine Care Network, as a GI Procedures Technician at our River East Gastroenterology Clinic. In this role, you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care. We provide care for all types of gastrointestinal conditions, from inflammatory bowel disease and liver disorders to all forms of gastrointestinal cancers. We are one of the nation's top-ranked hospitals for gastroenterology and GI surgery.
The GI Procedures Technician performs a wide variety of services under a registered nurse or physician's direct supervision in an outpatient ambulatory clinic. The GI Procedures Technician is responsible for providing assistance and support to providers during procedures and the RN as needed. The GI Procedures Technician is responsible for assisting in procedure set up and therapeutic maneuvers, endoscope pre-cleaning and transport, and other assigned duties. The GI Procedures technician interfaces with physicians, RNs, and patients to ensure each patient has an excellent experience in the community-based clinic setting.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists the MD as well as the RN during procedures
- Executes therapeutic maneuvers under guidance from the MD during procedures, including, but not limited to, biopsies, polypectomies, dilatations, injections, and cautery
- Ensures proper procedural set up, maintaining equipment and supplies in the procedure room, documentation of scope usage, pre-cleaning, and transport of endoscopes and procedure room turn over between patients
- Uses sincere greetings with providers, staff, and families and owns and resolves service recovery with internal and external clients.
- Is aware of emergency procedures for their area and acts as a leader to staff in the case of emergencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in an endoscopy procedural area
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, independently perform a variety of tasks and duties requiring continuous physical effort
- CPR certification
- Preferred: Certification from a recognized professional organization (e.g. SGNA, IAHCSMM, CBSPD, etc.)
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: First Shift – 8-hour shift
- Unit/Department: Gastroenterology
- CBA Code: Non-Union
In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 40 hours per week. We anticipate that you will generally be scheduled to work the first shift, between the hours of 7:30am-5:00pm and will not be scheduled for on-call shifts. We anticipate you will be scheduled to work 100% at the River East Clinic. The days of the week that you are scheduled will be Monday-Friday. You will not be scheduled to work on weekends.
Apply on company website