Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as a Care Coordinator for our Transformative Care division. As a Care Coordinator you will provide high risk care coordination for our risk and value based care contracts. The Care Coordinator, as part of a multidisciplinary team, including physicians, and payers, ensures the patient's progress in the acute episode of care through post discharge and is quality driven while being efficient and cost effective.
The Care Coordinator works with the attending and consulting physicians to facilitate effective and efficient transition through the process of hospitalization. The Care Coordinator works collaboratively with all members of the multi disciplinary team to ensure patient needs are met and care delivery is coordinated across the continuum, as well as appropriately reimbursed by payers as contracted. The Care Coordinator seeks the expertise of social workers to resolve psychosocial patient care issues and to develop complex patient transition/discharge plan as needed. The incumbent interacts with patients, family members, healthcare professionals, community, and state agencies in this effort. The incumbent conducts all job responsibilities according to the Mission and Values of the Hospital.
The Care Coordinator serves as a liaison between the hospital and community agencies or facilities for the exchange of clinical and referral information. The Care Coordinator is responsible for maintaining hospital compliance with the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) series and CMS guidelines. In addition, the Care Coordinator provides case review information to third party payers, assists in the denial and appeals process, and assesses quality, levels of care and identifying and reporting potential risk management issues. The incumbent performs duties and tasks in accordance with performance standards established for the job. The incumbent is responsible for participation in and completion of all patient safety initiatives appropriate to the position.
Essential Job Functions
- Works in conjunction with physicians, nurses, inter disciplinary team and others to assess, plan and initiate patient plan of care.
- Reviews patient charts daily or as needed.
- Facilitates and coordinates details of actual discharge to appropriate agencies.
- Facilitates and coordinates an individualized discharge plan.
- Serves as a resource to physician and hospital personnel regarding available agency, facility, and community services to assist in discharge planning.
- Demonstrate competency in accessing and documentation in approved programs.
- Registered Nurse with a valid, unrestricted State license.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or Masters degree in a related health field.
- Minimum of three to five years of clinical experience required.
- Certification in case management preferred.
- Previous utilization, case management or bed management experience preferred.
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time - 1.0 FTE
- Shift: 8-hour shift - 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Unit/Department:Transformative Care
- CBA Code: NNU National Nurses United
Apply on company website