UChicago Medicine Medical Group is recruiting a Cardiothoracic Surgeon at Methodist Hospital in Merrillville, Indiana. The University of Chicago Medicine has partnered with Methodist Hospital to staff its cardiovascular/ thoracic surgery. Physician with 3- 5 years of directly related experience in cardiac, thoracic, and vascular is required. Prior to the start of employment, physician surgeon must be BC/BE by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery or its equivalent. Physician must have completed an accredited fellowship or equivalent training in cardiovascular/ thoracic (CVT) surgery. Must obtain permanent and unrestricted Indiana medical license.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Trains and supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate
- May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing, other health care professionals, and support staff, as required
- Follows established UCM Care Network departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs
- This position offers competitive compensation and benefits that supports your total health - personal, financial, physical and professional
With a goal of providing the best cardiovascular care in NW Indiana, Methodist Hospital uses the most advanced medical procedures to expertly diagnose and treat the most complex cardiovascular conditions, an American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehab certified program and highly skilled ICU, IMCU and open heart surgical and post-operative teams. Methodist Hospital offers the very latest technologies, including five Cardiac Catheterization Labs between two campuses, a state-of-the-art Electrophysiology Lab at the Southlake Campus, bridge technologies that include Impella and ECMO, Indiana's first and only Optical Coherence Tomography platform and the first to commercially implant a CardioMEMS heart failure device in surrounding States.
Methodist Hospital has earned Chest Pain Center Accreditation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC) in recognition of its high level of experience in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment.
Interested candidates please contact:
UChicago Medicine Medical Group is comprised of UCM Care Network Medical Group, Inc. and Primary Healthcare Associates, S.C. UChicago Medicine Medical Group physicians are not employees or agents of The University of Chicago Medical Center, The University of Chicago or UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial.
Apply on company website