**Now Offering a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus**
Join University of Chicago Medicine, as a Cardiac Sonographer in the Pediatric Heart Station. In this role, the Cardiac Sonographer will perform pediatric transthoracic echocardiography studies as well as all aspects of echocardiographic imaging under the direct supervision of a supervisor/medical director.
The University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children's Hospital echocardiography experts perform many types of echo procedures, including transthoracic echocardiography, fetal echocardiography, and Transesophogeal Echocardiography (TEE). Comer Children's pediatric lab is accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in Pediatric, Fetal and Transesophogeal Echocardiograms.
Cardiac Sonographer Job Functions
- Prepares patients and performs transthoracic echo procedures.
- Review's indications, compares previous studies to accurately answer all questions by referring physician,
- Communicates with patients, customers, and staff in a respectful and compassionate manner
- Utilizes Intellispace Cardiovascular (ISCV) data archiving system and EPIC Electronic Medical Records system to record, charge and report procedures.
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Successful completion of clinical hours at accredited lab
- Good communication skills, both written and speech
- Obtaining Pediatric registry status within a year with either Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Two years of clinical experience outside school hours in cardiac sonography; will work with the right student.
- Accreditation with ARDMS or CCI. Passed boards.
- Ability to independently perform comprehensive examinations
- Basic computer skills to work with the IntelliSpace digital archiving system
- RDCS (ARDMS) (PE)
- RCS (CCI) (congenital echo)
- Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
- Day shift, 7:30a-6:00p with rotating weekends
- Unit/Department: Pediatric Heart Station
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website