Join UChicago Medicine, as an Assisant Patient Care Manager in the Preioperative Services Department.
As an Assistant Patient Care Manager (APCM) will be responsible and accountable for over-seeing the operations and patient flow of a designated Care Center on her/his respective shift.
In this role, the Assistant Patient Care Manager is responsible for completing daily or shift specific quality audits and Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI) boards, facilitate daily huddles with staff, and directing delivery of quality, patient-centered care in a financially responsible manner. This is in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Patient Care Manager (PCM). In the absence of the PCM, the APCM assumes responsibility for the unit. The APCM supports PCM with 24/7 coverage of the unit.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in the interview and selection process of staff
- Maximizes care efficiency and throughput
- Monitors a budget (e.g. supplies)
- Participates with ongoing evaluation of productivity
- Customer and patient engagement :Rounds, assesses, and addresses customer and patient satisfaction.
- Patient Saftey: Moitors and reports sentinel events and manages event reports.
- Maintains survey and regulatory readiness: Performs audits.
- Monitors and promotes workplace safety requirements.
- Promotes intra/interdepartmental communication.
- Collaborates with other service lines.
- Project management: Identifies roles and resources needed and establishes timelines and milestones.
- Shared decision-making: Supports a structure of shared governance and supports a just culture.
- Performance management: Assists with conducting staff evaluations/MAX conversations, monitors staff for fitness for duty and initiates and delivers corrective actions (e.g. written warning).
- Staff development: facilitates staff education and needs assessment, ensures competency validation and supports leadership growth among staff.
- Staff retention:Assesses staff satisfaction, develops and implements strategies to address satisfaction issues and develops methods to reward and recognize the staff.
- Manages conflict
- Situation management: Identifies issues that require immediate attention.
- Relationship management: Promotes team dynamics and mentors and coaches staff.
- Influences others: Role models professional behavior and fosters a healthy work environment.
- Promotes professional development: Encourages evidence-based practice.
- Provides clinical expertise and resources for unit.
- Evaluates and addresses staffing needs.
- May step into staffing as needed.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement (QI) processes.
- Assists in identifying issues to be examined, collects and analyzes data, and reports to QI committee and staff.
- Collaborates with the PCMs on effecting change in-patient care delivery and operations based on research, quality and improvement findings.
- Personal growth and development: Managed through education advancement, continuing education, career planning, and annual self-assessment.
- Involvement in professional associations: Including membership and involvement in an appropriate professional association that facilitates networking and professional development.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Current RN Illinois license
- Minimum of two years nursing experience
- Minimum of one year clinical experience in the area they are applying
- Charge nurse experience with demonstrated leadership skills required and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to maintain an open network of communication among staff members, care center and sector leadership, and other health care professionals and departments
- Master's degree preferred
- Specialty certifications preferred
- Experience working at an academic medical center and in a unionized environment preferred
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Evening, 3pm-11pm
- Unit/Department: CCD OR
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website