Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as an Assistant Patient Care Manager in our Operating Room.
Sign-On Bonus Eligible up to $5,000!
As an Assistant Patient Care Manager (APCM) you have the responsibility and accountability with the Care Center Clinical and Medical Directors for planning, organizing and directing of all activities related to patient-centered care, fostering nursing excellence and the retention and recruitment of staff on a designated unit in the care center.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates clinical and leadership skills, serving as a role model for staff members.
- Recognizes and identifies clinical practice problems and facilitates solutions.
- Implements established staffing patterns based on patient needs, staff qualifications, and resources available to ensure quality patient centered care.
- Maintains continuity on unit by adjusting staffing based upon patient need promotes, has knowledge of and utilizes appropriate patient care protocol relating to the physical, psychosocial and developmental needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
Assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the budget within established guidelines.
Monitors the selection, use and control of the equipment and supplies of the unit.
- Participates in recruitment and selection of unit staff.
Demonstrates 24-hour accountability for maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
Schedules staff in accordance with patient care needs and union contracts.
Participates in development and review of policies and procedures.
Creates a work climate that encourages positive staff morale, motivation, and commitment for all patient care team members.
Facilitates regularly scheduled staff meetings to provide opportunities for discussion of staff and unit concerns.
Participates in the planning and evaluation of educational programs to meet unit needs and to promote staff development.
Develops, implements, and evaluates the unit-based orientation program for new employees. Collaborates with Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Assists in assuring that all staff are provided the opportunity to attend mandatory educational programs, in-services, and competency days per JCAHO regulations.
- Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required, Master's Degree preferred
- Current RN Illinois license
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Day, 7:00am-4pm
- Unit/Department: 377209-OR ADMINISTRATION
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website