As a Family Medicine Physician on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team, , you'll help conserve the U.S. Army's fighting strength during humanitarian missions, contingency operations and peacetime by providing the highest-quality health care to Soldiers, family members, retirees and other eligible beneficiaries in both inpatient and outpatient environments and for both pre- and post-operative care. When you join the Army Medical Corps, you'll be making a difference in the lives of our Soldiers and the country at large with a focus on patient care first. Additionally, you'll gain access to invaluable opportunities like supporting humanitarian missions, leadership training and a competitive benefit package. Also, you may continue to work in your community and serve when needed. Join us and use your expertise to help expand the boundaries of family medicine alongside professionals who share your passion.
Benefits may include:
- Health professions special pay for physicians in eligible specialties
- A monthly stipend through the Specialized Training Assistance Program (STRAP) for physicians currently enrolled in an accredited residency program.
- Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) which repays qualifying education loans to lending institutions
- Travel opportunities
- Enrollment in the Uniformed Services Blended Retirements System
- Low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Specialized training to become a leader in family medicine
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply with permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Eligibility for board certification
- Completion of at least one year of an approved graduate medical education internship
- Between 21 and 42 years of age (waivers granted on a case-by-case basis)
- U.S. citizenship
- Permanent U.S. residency
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/medical
SFC Eugene Butler
As a Family Medicine Physician on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team, , you'll help conserve the U.S. Army's fighting strength during humanitar...
Apply on company website