DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Twin Cities Hospital is a 65-bed hospital with a medical staff of over 150 physicians. It offers all private rooms and the areas first Certified Orthopedic Joint Replacement Program and Certified Spine Surgery Program, in addition to a state-of-the-art surgery center. Twin Cities Hospital also has 24 hour emergency services, a critical care unit, Certified Diabetes Education Program, and a variety of inpatient and outpatient diagnostic imaging and laboratory services. Located at Highway 85 North and College Boulevard in Niceville, Twin Cities Hospital also has the areas only hospital based Wellness Center, offering a variety of health related seminars throughout the year. For more information, please call (850) 678-4131.
The Paramedic under the direction of the Medical Director and Emergency Department Director is responsible for implementing technical procedures and care on all Emergency Department patients safely and effectively. The quality of care and service given will adhere to the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and the department of nursing and will maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, and their families. The Paramedic works responsibly with the RN in planning, and performing nursing care for patient(s) in accordance with the Florida State 10-D-66, physician's orders, recognized nursing techniques, policies, procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process.
2. Answer EMS radios and phones (Only physicians can give orders to EMS crews.)
3. Receives patients from EMS personnel and prepares patients for physician's care.
4. Assists physicians with patient examinations or treatments as directed.
5. Performs patient care to include: taking vital signs, measuring & recording input/output, attaching oxygen and cardiac monitors, performing 12 lead EKG, suctioning patient airways as directed, inserting/removing urinary catheters, applying/changing sterile dressings, removing sutures/staples, assisting with application of orthopedic splinting materials.
6. Performs venipuncture, collects laboratory specimens, inserts and removes peripheral intravenous catheters from extremities.
7. Assist physicians with central line insertions, lumbar punctures, defibrillation, cardioversion, chest tube insertion, thoracentesis, arterial lines, and suturing.
8. In conjunction with the RN, plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
9. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
10. Monitor patients for arrhythmias, document EKG strips, and report findings to licensed nurse assigned to patient.
11. Maintains proficiency with basic arrhythmias as per AHA standard guidelines.
12. Maintain clear communication with attending physician and licensed nurse assigned to patient about all patient care issues.
13. Assist licensed nurse by communicating any information collected during their interaction with the patient or family.
14. Chart on patient's record as needed.
15. As appropriate, keep patients informed of their treatment plan.
16. Transport monitored and non-monitored patients to inpatient units and diagnostic areas.
17. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
18. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
19. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
20. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
21. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
22. Tag and report broken equipment according to department policy.
23. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
24. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
25. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
26. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
27. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
28. Other duties as assigned.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At West Florida Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Completion of a Paramedic Training Program
• Associate Degree Preferred
• FL Paramedic License
• BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
• PALS – AHA certification required upon hire
• ACLS – AHA certification required upon hire
• CPI certification within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• One (1) year of ambulance or ED experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
• Knowledge of body substance isolation
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
• Basic computer skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website