DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Social Worker LMSW you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At Tulane Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Social Worker LMSW where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Social Worker LMSW Interview patients and relatives to obtain social history relevant to medical problems and planning. Assist patients with environmental difficulties that interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care. Serves as liaison between medical and nursing staff, patients, relatives and appropriate outside agencies. Interpret and assist in resolving social problems that relate to medical condition and/or hospitalization. Perform all other duties as assigned.
About this unit:
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused.
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
- Complete psychosocial assessments and formulate an appropriate treatment plan including clinical impressions and goals.
- Respond to, evaluate and intervene in crisis situations.
- Counsel patients and families throughout the process of adjustment to illness and hospitalization.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary staff to formulate and implement treatment and discharge plans.
- Provide and/or facilitates referrals, resources and services requests.
- Execute documentation and reporting requirements.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Graduate Social Worker certification or Provisional GSW certification with completion of GSW certification within one year of hire, American Heart Association CPR certification required.
- Education: MSW required.
- Experience: Previous social work experience in a behavioral or health care setting preferred.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Excellent skills in written and oral communication and guest relations; knowledge in human growth and development and emotional needs of children, adolescents and adults as well as the special needs of chemical dependent and/or abused clients; basic organizational, problem solving and leadership skills; skills in documentation and record-keeping; basic marketing strategies; skills in providing supportive counseling, skills in maintaining information as confidential; knowledge or standards of ethical and quality care.
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday(8:00 am-5:00 pm)
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World's Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World's Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Social Worker LMSW like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website