DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Sign on Bonus $10K Relocation Assistance $5K Start Date June 7th, 2021 Graduate Nurse: Check out this video first https://vimeo.com/185879385
Are you an experienced RN desiring to transition into the OR? Or a new grad just starting out and desiring a craeer in Perioperative OR? Then here is a great opportunity for you. Come Jump start your nursing career at Tulane. We are accepting applications for our StaRN program in the Perioperative OR starting June 7, 2021.Apply Online TODAY!!! Why Choose a Residency Program?
Transitioning from student to professional nurse can be challenging. That's why we are committed to the development and training of the caregivers of the future. New grads like YOU. How you begin your nursing career is no small decision. Our Nurse Residency program will give you hands-on clinical experience and help you develop critical thinking skills. As you learn you'll be surrounded by a supportive community of experienced nurses and fellow nurse residents who will help you to be successful and grow your career.What to expect as a Nurse Resident
- Clinical instruction by subject matter experts
- State-of-the-art simulation training
- Scenarios developed and managed by clinical experts
- Interaction between facility leaders
- Continual support from a mentor and preceptor
- Monthly educational seminars
- Opportunities for training in specialty areas such as ER, OR and ICU
- Evidence-based capstone project
Our Nurse Residency program is a year-long program comprised of two phases:
- StaRN - Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses for the OR is 23 weeks with three parts
Parts 1 & 2: 11 weeks classroom, self study, OR skills days, & facility clinical days with looping assignments
Part 3: 12 weeks clinical preceptorship
This program is designed to develop your clinical skills working alongside a qualified preceptor during patient care and through, hands-on simulation training and classroom education.
The StaRN curriculum is based on the American Association of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) core curriculum. The program will also provide introduction and training to the EMR system for your facility.
- Phase 2: Professional development Partner with a mentor, attend monthly seminars, and complete an evidence-based capstone project for the remainder of the year
- Advanced clinical training in a specialty area
- A full-time position with BLS, ACLS, National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale and Crisis Prevention Institute Certifications
- Support from a community of caring, experienced nurses
- Opportunity to advance your career in one of the largest healthcare systems in the country by joining one of our HCA facilities.
Please check out this video from RN's that went through the StaRN Program:https://vimeo.com/185879385
About Tulane Lakeside Hospital
- 4700 South I-10 Service Road West, Metairie, LA 70001
- For Profit
- Established: 1964
- Tulane-Lakeside: 121 licensed beds and an additional 26 NICU beds
- Number of physicians: 1,300
- Number of FTE RNs/LPN: 219
- Number of full time employees: 450
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. Below is a few more details
- Student Loan Reimbursement - $100 paid monthly towards oustanding student loan.
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $5,250 in tax-free tuition reimbursement each calendar year for higher education courses (tuition, books and course-related fees – starts at 90 days of hire.
- 401K Plan - Facility provides a 100% annual match on your contribution* (from 3% to 9% of pay).
Position Requirements (Minimum qualifications for the position)
- Graduated or graduating from an accredited school of nursing
- Obtain ATT letter to sit for licensure exam by start of the Residency Program
- Or state-approved temporary/permanent license
For Further information on available shifts, salary, relocation assistance, shift differentials etc., please contact
Graduate Nurse Recruiter
Fay Baptist-Sims at 504-220-5247 or email email@example.com
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website