DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Now offering $10,000 sign on bonus for full-time experienced therapists! $5,000 available for new graduates!
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Respiratory Therapist today with TriStar Centennial Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At TriStar Centennial, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Respiratory Therapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions is valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary:
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. This role assumes primary responsibility for all respiratory care modalities including initiating and conducting therapeutic procedures; maintaining patient records; and selecting, assembling, checking and operating equipment.
- Delivering and assessing responses to ordered respiratory therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures is core to your role.
- You must administer prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol medications and utilize various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment
- Your role performs noninvasive and invasive ventilator management.
- Monitoring, recording, and communicating patient condition and general acceptance of treatment is essential to your role.
- You will perform arterial blood gas draw and interpret results to aid in performance of patient care.
- You must utilize reasoning ability/critical thinking for individual care to meet the needs of patients; communicate effectively with Physicians, patients and managers; and promote customer service initiatives.
It all started here! TriStar Centennial Medical Center is our original flagship hospital with a 741-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women's services. Centennial Medical Center's 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Advanced Joint Replacement Institute, TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital, The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center, and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Respiratory Therapy opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- Graduate of a Respiratory Care Program accredited by the AMA and the NBRC.
- Current licensure by the Tennessee Board for Respiratory Care.
- Must be a Registered or Certified Therapist or Eligible. Eligible therapist must become Registered or Certified within one (1) year of employment.
- Current BLS certification. Required current ACLS & PALS certifications at hire or within (6) months of employment. (Other certifications as required per Provision of Care for area of employment).
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians and other employees
- Strong computer skills, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with essential functions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website