Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic and Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic Medical Groups is looking for a Trauma Surgeon to join our employed model group located at our main campus, St. Mary Medical Center, in Langhorne, Pennsylvania.
With a total of four physicians and three APPs, the Trauma Surgeon will also collaborate with consulting specialists and ancillary services to provide optimal care to our trauma patients. In addition, the surgeon functions as a clinical liaison between the Trauma Service and other physician services as well as in-house departments related to optimal clinical care of the injured patient.
- Shift Day, Evening, Night (156 hours per month, thirteen 12-hour shifts. Shift length (12 or 24 hours)
- Call coverage weekends, weeknights, and holiday commitment (varies by schedule)
- $15,000 commencement bonus
- Candidates will be open to acute/critical surgical consults/ procedures
- Candidates must be Fellowship trained in General Surgery & Surgical Critical Care and have an active ATLS certification
- Responds to Trauma Activations (Level I & II). The attending surgeon will be in the trauma resuscitation area on patient arrival, with adequate prehospital notification. When no pre-hospital notification, the maximum acceptable response time is 15 minutes, tracked from patient arrival
- Follows ATLS protocol, implements practice management guidelines, arrange appropriate laboratory and X-ray studies and consultations, document findings, complete trauma history and physical, write orders and promote rapid expedition of the patient through the system
- Assesses trauma patients on a daily basis and completes electronic documentation to reflect such
- Collaborates directly with other surgeons and sub-specialists responsible for the care of the trauma patients
- Satisfactory performance in managing trauma patients based on performance assessment and provider specific outcome analysis, and compliance to patient management guidelines and PEER reviewed contemporary standards of care
- Active and ongoing participation in the trauma departments performance improvement process as evidenced through participation in meetings, timely response to inquiries from the trauma departments quality improvement program, ability to develop/implement action plans and reevaluate care, as indicated
With locations across the region, Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic Medical Groups continues expanding its network of primary care physicians and specialists to meet growing need for convenient access to quality care in communities throughout Bucks County. Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic Medical Groups includes a growing number of primary care physicians and a range of specialists to meet the needs of the community for access to care.
Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic Medical Groups is part of St. Mary Medical Center and a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
St. Mary Medical Center As the areas most comprehensive medical center, St. Mary Medical Center provides state-of-the-art technology and advanced care for the most complex cases through a compassionate team of more than 700 physicians, 3,200 colleagues, and 1,100 volunteers. Services include the regions leading cardiovascular program; Bucks Countys only state-accredited trauma center; emergency services including a dedicated pediatric emergency care center; neurosciences; a Joint Commission- certified primary stroke center, joint replacement program, and sleep disorder center; specialized diagnostic imaging; obstetrics; NICU and emergency pediatric care in partnership with Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP); orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation; pain management; the St. Mary breast center; and the St. Mary cancer center.
Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic comprises Mercy Health System (Southeastern Pennsylvania), Saint Francis Healthcare (Wilmington, DE), St. Mary Medical Center (Langhorne, Pa.), and their associated home health and LIFE programs, aligned joint ventures, sub-corporations, programs and services.
Formed in October 2018, the Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic region empowers the three Trinity Health Regional Health Ministries to be one unified, regional system with five hospitals, continuing care services and support services, operating from a position of strength across the many diverse neighborhoods we serve. Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic will serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence.
Bucks County, Pennsylvania - Tucked neatly within Philadelphia's Countryside amidst rolling hillsides, working farms and picturesque towns, the 622 square mile area of Bucks County is a particularly inviting place. Visitors in search of historical or artistic treasures, charming accommodations, and eclectic shops will find that Bucks County offers it all and is conveniently located 25 miles from Philadelphia and 75 miles from New York City.
To learn more of Bucks County, Pennsylvania please visit http://www.visitbuckscounty.com/about-bucks-county/
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.
Apply on company website