Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) and the Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center have an excellent employment opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Oncology Surgeon to join an exciting practice located in Boise, Idaho.
The selected candidate will work collaboratively in the surgical oncology department with the other cancer surgeons in the practice, including fellowship trained colorectal, breast, and gynecologic and other advanced foregut, minimally invasive surgeons. The practice offers a mix of approximately 50-75% surgical oncology and 25%-50% complex benign general surgery cases. The emphasis is on minimally invasive surgery, robotics and advanced therapeutic endoscopy, using a variety of advanced surgical equipment and technics, including robotics, endoscopic and advanced laparoscopic procedures. The surgical oncology department is part of the system's accredited oncology program with relationships with medical and radiation oncology.
Support for this opportunity includes: a network of 70+ Saint Alphonsus Medical Group primary care clinics, Level II Trauma Center, ED, two da Vinci XI robots, Hospitalists, Pediatric Hospitalists, ICU, CVICU, NICU, 24/7 on-site Anesthesia, Pediatric Surgery, Gynecologic Oncology, and an alliance of independent community partners.
The schedule for this opportunity is a traditional work week, Monday through Friday with a minimum of 32 hours of patient contact time, including clinic, procedures, and consults. Call is 1:5, with no unattached ER call and no acute care general surgery responsibilities.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree.
- Successful completion of an accredited ACGME/AOA general surgery residency program.
- Board certification through the American Board of Surgery (ABS) or the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery (AOBS), or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment.
- Completed fellowship in Complex General Surgical Oncology.
- Board eligible for certification in Complex General Surgical Oncology.
- Obtain Idaho medical licensure and granting of privileges at SARMC and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed; valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
- Experience in open, minimally invasive and robotic surgical techniques for the treatment of hepatobiliary, pancreatic, esophageal, gastric, adrenal and colorectal cancers. In addition, expertise in the surgical treatment of surgery, liver ultrasound, isolated limb perfusion and infusion for regional melanoma, sarcoma and cytoreductive therapies, including hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy, is desired.
- Perform basic and complex, advanced general surgical procedures including: laparoscopic and robotic procedures for benign biliary, pancreatic, and foregut disease.
- Collaborative team-building leadership style with the oncology and surgical program to maintain accreditation with the American College of General Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Oncology Surgeon to be part of a physician led, 500+ provider multi-specialty group with a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care.
Saint Alphonsus offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Sign-on Incentives
- Student Loan Repayment
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center is a 387 bed regional medical center serving people throughout the Northwest and is the principal provider of advanced, innovative and interdisciplinary services. It is also the region's only ACS verified Level II Trauma Center whose annual trauma volumes exceed 1,700 with over 400 patients with an ISS>16. Trauma is predominantly blunt in nature. There are a wide range of subspecialty services available 24/7, including strong trauma/surgical critical care, neurosurgical coverage, in-house interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons, cardiothoracic surgeons and fellowship trained intensivists and cardiologists.
The medical center is part of Saint Alphonsus Health System, a growing four-hospital, 714-bed integrated healthcare system serving the full range of the health and wellness needs of the people in southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. The system is comprised of Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise, Idaho, Saint Alphonsus Medical Center in Nampa, Idaho, Saint Alphonsus Medical Center in Ontario, Oregon and Saint Alphonsus Medical Center in Baker City, Oregon. Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, the second largest Catholic Health System in the nation. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.
For more information about Saint Alphonsus Health System, www.saintalphonsus.org
Boise, Idaho, is an economically vibrant and growing community. Boise is a mid-sized metropolitan area of approximately 640,000 people. A commercial center in the Northwest, Boise is an outdoor enthusiast's paradise and a flourishing scene for arts, entertainment and collegiate and professional sports. Known as the “City of Trees,” Boise also offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, numerous neighborhood parks and nearby national forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician.
Several high-profile publications rank the Boise metro area as one of the best places in the country to do business and live.
- Outside Magazine recently said, “The winner for best overall town in the western U.S. is Boise, Idaho.”
- Forbes recently ranked the Boise metro area 2nd for raising a family; particularly noting its low crime and high school quality, not to mention the chance to mix urban and outdoor lifestyles.
- CNN/Money ranks the Boise metro area 3rd best place to retire and also named Idaho as the friendliest state for small businesses.
- Medscape Medical News identifies Boise and Idaho as the Best City and State to practice medicine in the West & Northwest Region of the U.S.
For many, work life in Boise is characterized by diverse industries, like technology, government and financial services. Boise is headquarters for several major companies and manufacturing facilities. The corporate community includes Fortune 500 members: Hewlett Packard, Boise Cascade, Washington Group International and Micron Technology. Leading employers also include state government, universities, regional health centers and high tech companies.
For more information on Boise, please visit www.boise.org
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) and the Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center have an excellent employment opportunity for a Board Certif...
Apply on company website