Service Desk Technician Total Wine & More
About the Role
We are looking for a Service Desk Technician to work remotely in Nevada within a dynamic environment that provides IT related services to our retail and store support staff. They are the "Frontline" support to ensure store productivity using incident management and request fulfillment processes. You will support POS systems, hardware, software, peripherals, and networking components using technical skills. You will also respond to issues and requests, researching, evaluations, and troubleshooting. You will perform real-time ticket entry and be a liaison between customers, partners, and service owners to provide responsive and quality support through verbal and written updates. Regular weekend, evening, and on-call hours will be required. After 30 days of training, this position will work evening to early morning hours, 5x week on a rotating schedule basis. You will report to the service desk manager.
- Monitor incoming incidents by phone and the IT ticketing system - evaluation, troubleshoot, document details and work performed
- Ensure that all colleagues across the Service Desk team are kept informed of incident progress and that tickets are updated and resolved per team service level agreements
- Create a positive support experience, build relationships through deep problem understanding, and communicate promptly on resolutions, escalations, and progress
- Grow general knowledge of current processes and IT infrastructure, increasing the rate of first call resolution
- Ensure escalation of problems beyond the ability or scope of responsibility by engaging Tier 2 or service owners
- Identification, troubleshooting, and resolution support of network, wireless and security issues
- Participate and assist the entire IT Team with multiple technical and business projects
- Participate in the On-Call and holiday rotation and ability to work any shift within a 24x7 environment
You will come with
- 2+ years of experience with customer service-based IT support
- Bachelor's Degree in Informations Systems or related field
- HDI, MCP, A+, Network+, or comparable IT certification beneficial
- ITIL knowledge
- Retail/Consumer product background with POS experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.
Apply on company website