Category Manager, Wine
Total Wine & More
About the Role
We are looking for a Category Manager to join our Wine Buying team and work at our Bethesda, Maryland headquarters. You will grow the sales and margin by leading vendor negotiations, developing supplier relationships and employing category management tools. You will manage assortment, develop traffic-driving programming and promotions (online and in store) to ensure our selection remains the best in the industry. You will report to the Sr. Manager of Wine. This is not a remote work opportunity.
- Manage assortment by determining category needs and discontinuations via business analysis.
- Manage supplier relationships and cost negotiations, in addition to inventory tracking to ensure a strong in-stock position.
- Drive product development and Lifecyle management, including brand review, pricing and projections.
- Drive sales and margin using promotional and pricing levers as well as developing strong sales plans for new and existing items.
- Build marketing plans that support our sales across the store & digital platform.
- Some travel required
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years experience in a corporate retail environment, wine category a plus
- Experience analyzing data and financials
- Project management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or other database tools a plus
- Alcoholic beverage knowledge is preferred, wine knowledge a plus
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More. Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
Where permitted by applicable law, applicants must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for Employment, if not a current team member of Total Wine & More.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.
Apply on company website