Responsible for working with both HB and PB billing staff as well as providers to answer questions regarding coding and compliance. The HB/PB Coding Compliance Denial Coordinator shows competencies in the areas of procedural coding, medical record documentation and related compliance for multiple outpatient medical practice and inpatient departments. Demonstrates knowledge and experience with coding for a variety of physician specialties including with ability to learn additional specialties as services grow. This individual will ensure applicable regulations and other regulatory agencies are upheld within Thompson Health. He/she abides by the standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association.
Under the direct supervision of the Revenue Integrity Manager, and in conjunction of other Managers, the HP/PB Coding and Compliance Denial Coordinator will support the HB and PB Billing Managers with Coding/Compliance relates issues. He/She will provide input into the development and implementation of coding policies and procedures. Incumbent will also be responsible to identify areas in need of improvement, identifying trends and monitoring to ensure success. Responsibilities also include reporting findings to management and the Compliance Committee. This individual will also code specific services/programs as determined by management as well as doing charge entry.
- CPC required, CPC-H preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to form collaborative partnerships across all service settings.
- Proficient in the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR); ability to create reports on own and interface with EMR vendor to develop reports where none currently exist
- Extensive knowledge RBRVS and federal, state and other payer regulations pertaining to documentation, coding (E&M, modifiers, critical care) and billing.
- Ability to analyze coding and actively question and guide providers and/or Billing staff as appropriate.
- Strong medical terminology background
- Competent in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Self-directed, self-starter and able to implement new program
- Accepts responsibility and follows through on projects and activities.
- Ability to assimilate new information and technologies into daily work.
- 3 years work related experience required, Associates Degree preferred
- CPC or CPC-H required
- Preferred Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience including compliance/coding/consulting experience; outpatient or inpatient coding with evidence of progressive increased job responsibility.
- Excellent public/patient relations and communication skills.
- Skills in using computers including Excel and Word required.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website