SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
At The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza patients are our first priority. We take extreme measures to ensure high quality, safe care in the most comfortable setting possible. The Medical Center of Aurora is Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn two-time Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and is a 346-bed acute care hospital in Aurora, CO. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campus in Aurora and Centennial, CO, including the Main Campus, North Campus (Behavioral Health and Wellness Center), Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The main campus is a level II trauma Facility with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Certification accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor.Highlights about The Medical Center of Aurora:
- Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence.
- Primary Stroke Certification (The Medical Center of Aurora).
- Two accredited Chest Pain Centers (Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza).
- Ranked the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Hospital Rankings.
- Level II Trauma Center at our Main Campus.
- Level III NICU at our Main Campus.
- Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016.
- State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower on Main Campus.
- Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center.
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children affiliation.
- Affiliate of HealthONE, Denver's largest healthcare system
- The Social Worker II is responsible for assessing the psychological, social, cultural and/or financial needs that impact the high-risk patient's health and recovery.
- Has the ability to utilize social services, counseling and clinical knowledge in the assessment of these needs.
- Responsible and accountable for coordination of services through an interdisciplinary process which provides a clinical and psychosocial approach through the continuum of care and balances individually identified patients and family needs with the efficacious and cost effective utilization of resources.
- Through concurrent case management, patients will be assessed to determine appropriateness of admission, continued hospitalization, as well as appropriate level of care.
- Discharge planning will begin at the time of (or prior to) admission, and reassessed ongoing throughout the course of hospitalization.
- Knowledge of payer source implications on discharge plan, resources and placement options to maximize patient's successful disposition.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) preferred. Masters in Counseling (LPCC), Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) or Masters of Psychology acceptable
- American Heart Associate BLS Healthcare Provider Card
- Master of Social Work (LMSW or MSW) from accredited school of social work preferred.
- Master of Counseling (LPCC) or Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) from accredited school acceptable.
- 3-5 years recent Case Management experience in an acute care setting required.
- Case Management experience in Mental Health setting preferred.
- Must be in process of obtaining Clinical licensure in specific discipline or open to supervision.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and able to work with highly diverse population.
- Must be knowledgeable of State and Joint Commission standards.
- Must have ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work in high stress environment.
- Must be able to apply critical thinking and formulate diagnostic impressions based upon review of systems, history, symptoms and current presentation.
- Must be able to provide crisis intervention and utilize system resources/referrals.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website