District Community Manager
About The Community Builders, Inc.
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Under the direction and supervision of the Portfolio Operations Manager, the District Manager (DM) is responsible for the overall day to day management operations of a community, as well as providing leadership to two to four additional community teams. The DM mentors and provides their teams with a clear understanding of TCB's standard operating procedures, objectives, mission and each propertys economic and physical requirements.
- Seek to build employee teams and provide training, motivation and direction for superior performance, supervise and performance management of all property management staff.
- Identify, attract, hire, and retain top talent in the industry.
- Conduct monthly onsite review of financial operating statements with all site management to enhance knowledge, create efficiencies and develop plans to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Enactment and training of team of effective cost control methods, revenue maximization, bid solicitation and delinquency management.
- Collaboration and partnership with Community Life to implement meaningful programs and services to enhance the experience and life of our residents.
- Maintain product knowledge on all properties and that of competition through site visits and quarterly review of updated market competitive analysis with site team. Stay aware of potential new business opportunities.
- Establish prospect leasing tour routes, prospect follow up, and maintenance of & follow through on waiting list to reduce vacant down days and increase physical occupancy
- Perform written performance evaluations for direct reports in accordance with company guidelines, and provide recommendations for compensation or promotions.
- Ownership and follow-up on issues involving violations of building rules or the occupancy agreement, includes the responsibility of scheduling and holding conferences with family and/or outside agencies and court appearance, when necessary.
- Lead and monitor teams to successfully prepare appropriate Agency reports timely and accurately, adhere to all management contracts and pertinent affordable programs, including state, local and national and Fair Housing.
- Establish a responsive and responsible relationship cross functionally for the betterment of TCB through candid feedback, information and recommendations that will benefit the company long term.
- Assist in new business acquisition and development in establishing leasing absorption plans, potential budgets and staffing plans as well as physical site due diligence and start up.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Superior interpersonal skills: ability to influence others, build relationships, and work effectively with others in the organization
- Highly detail-oriented and able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Incredible customer service skills & the ability to create a customer focused culture
- Analytical skills; must have demonstrated strong problem solving and quantitative abilities
- Must work under deadlines and ability to meet deadlines.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree and 5 years or more of progressive responsibility in residential property management is required.
- Prior experience in and knowledge of affordable housing and applicable compliance required.
- COS and LIHTC Certification required
- Proficiency in Yardi or other industry software and excellence in Microsoft Office.
The Community Builders is committed to diversity in its workplace. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website