Position Overview: The Psychiatrist, in close collaboration with the Lead Clinician(s) and AVP of Unidos Por Un Sueno (US) Program, will ensure that the residents in the US program are provided with the appropriate mental health services to ensure the minor's mental and emotional stability in the program.
- Is responsible for the initial psychiatric evaluations of any minors in need; prescribing psychotropic drugs in accordance with the policies and procedures of Psychiatry Department; retains responsibility for continuous follow-up of each case and required testing.
- Assists the clinical and case management team in developing a treatment plan for the minor.
- Interpret the assessment plan and clinical formulation to the treatment team in the US Program.
- Participates in monthly program meeting and staff trainings.
- In crisis treatment situations, ascertains whether or not a minor needs psychiatric hospitalization or other type of special psychiatric treatment and coordinates such special treatment plan with the community hospital or agency.
- Conducts in–service training programs for clinical, case management, and youth specialist staff working with children/adolescents and their mental health needs.
- • Knowledge of the content of the ORR/DUCO Policy and Procedures Manual, particularly as it relates to the requirements of the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2009 (TVPRA) on Safety and Sustainability Assessments for Unaccompanied Children.
- • Required licensure as a psychiatrist in New York State.
- • Knowledge in Child Development, Psychiatric Assessment and Psychopharmacotherapy.
- • Fluent in English and Spanish.
- • Ability to manage and promote a therapeutic environment, taking into account the varying clinical needs of each UC.
- • Excellent oral and written skills.
- • Valid New York State Drivers license.
- • Proficient computer skills.
- • Knowledge of ORR/DUCO Policy and Procedure Manual.
SCHEDULE: TWO DAYS A WEEK: Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm or
Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm or
Wednesday & Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Apply on company website