Agency Wide Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports the mission, vision, and values of the Children's Village. Complies willingly with all organizational policies and procedures.
2. Supports all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies.
3. Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting:
Respect for others
A team-centered approach
Maintenance of confidential information
An appreciation of multicultural workplace
4. Exhibits effective communication skills.
5. Participates in appropriate professional developmental programs to attain and maintain competency.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities
• Adheres to all Agency and departmental Safety Procedures including reporting any unsafe practices, equipment, and environment, and takes an active role in correcting the unsafe practice, equipment, or environment through proper notification.
• Consistently demonstrates competence in providing swimming instruction following American Red Cross curriculum.
• Develops age-appropriate and required curriculums for Swim Lessons
• Teach group swim lessons and assures attendance is completed each shift.
• Create/Coach a Swim Club/Section 1 Swim Team
• Provides feedback to Coordinators on youth participation and progress.
• Reinforces youth with positive feedback and provides Hawk Bills when locker room expectations are met.
• Consistently manages and supervise youth to assure safety
• Redirects negative and inappropriate behaviors of youth in compliance with PBIS principals.
• Communicates regularly with staff to share relevant information.
• Maintains training record by assuring required trainings are completed on time.
• Consistently presents self in a professional manner in dress and language.
• Reports all behavioral issues to staff of youth and Supervisors.
• Completes all incident reports prior to the end of the shift and provide to the Supervisor and Administrative Assistant.
• Demonstrates interest, motivation, consistency, and fairness in everyday work.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area.
• Contributes to and participates in special program events.
• Attends Department Meetings, as required.
• Assist in the delivery of other recreational activities, as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bi-lingual (Preferred)
• High School Diploma or GED, required
• Current Certifications in:
o Water Safety Instruction, required
o Lifeguard Certification required
• Two (2) year experience as a lifeguard, required.
The Children's Village does not discriminate against any employee, prospective employee or contractor because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic predisposition, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction history or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
Apply on company website