Position Overview: This position is part of the Quality Improvement team that supports Residential programs to ensure there is a comprehensive incident review, tracking, and investigation process that will address all incidents occurring within Residential Programs. Reporting both to the QI Supervisor/Support Services Manager and to the General Counsel, the Staff Attorney-Residential Incident Monitor shall carry out duties in a professional and supportive manner and shall have the ability to be flexible in how they carry out and manage their work assignments.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
• Conducts or otherwise facilitates proper and full investigations of incidents and identifies risk situations.
• Provides incident reports for review by the Executive Incident Review Committee and follows up on recommendations made by the team.
• Tracks Corrective Actions related to incidents and facilitates timely completion.
• Communicates with external regulatory entities and stakeholders pertaining to incidents.
• Provides comprehensive reports as needed pertaining to the incident review processes to assure compliance with Agency, NYS Justice Center, NYC ACS, DHHS ORR, NYS OMH, NYS OCFS, NYC DYCD, COA standards, and other stakeholder organizations as assigned.
• Performs data entry of incident reports and tracks related details as assigned.
• Monitors the timely reporting of incidents and maintains current incident log.
• Ensures appropriate closure and proper weekly record keeping of all incidents.
• Performs all other duties that support the efficient functioning of the Quality Improvement Department and the legal work of the General Counsel, as assigned.
• JD Degree from an ABA-accredited law school.
• Admission to practice of law in New York State or eligible for admission.
• Competency with Microsoft Office (basic applications).
• Experience in the social services sector is preferred.
The Children's Village does not discriminate against any employee, prospective employee or contractor because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic predisposition, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction history or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
Apply on company website