The Runaway Homeless Youth Shelter (RHYS) Specialist is expected to provide nurturing care and management of children's everyday living requirements.
- Minimum: academic record of a high school diploma or equivalent; some college education preferred.
- A genuine respect for and interest in children and their families of diverse racial and ethnic identity; an ability to form a therapeutic relationship with children and their families.
- Ability to put into practice all techniques of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (as taught in pre-employment training) and demonstrated respect for client's rights and safety.
- Ability to demonstrate counseling techniques
- Ability to provide emergency hotline counseling and suicide prevention
- Must have valid NYS driver's license.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
Apply on company website