The Control Room Specialist is responsible for monitoring entrance and exit doors, admitting authorized persons access to the Limited Secure facility.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all Agency and departmental Safety Procedures including reporting any unsafe practices, equipment and environment, and takes an active role in correcting the unsafe practice, equipment or environment through proper notification.
- Ensure that accurate records are kept, all information logged and data stored to enable reports to be generated.
- Ensuring that the Control Rooms remain secure at all times and that no unauthorized person enters the Control Rooms.
- Monitoring and controlling all doors that enters into the secured area of the facility.
- Ensuring the surveillance monitors are observed at all times.
- Monitoring of all fire alarms within the facility.
- Functioning as a dispatcher for the Correctional Centers radio communication system.
- Signing up visitors coming into the facility.
- Monitoring visiting inmates and visitors.
- Maintain and monitor security cameras, alarm systems and other electronic surveillance equipment.
- Provide general administrative duties and clerical supports to Control Room
- Ability to monitor information feeds from multiple sources concurrently.
- Use the radio, telephone, computer, intercom system and emergency alarm system in accordance with policy and procedure or post orders.
- Control and use security keys or any security equipment assigned.
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of The Children's Village.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Limited Secure Program Supervisor
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred.
- Must have a minimum of two-years direct care experience at a residential treatment center or youth correctional setting. If an individual has no experience, then a college degree with major course work in criminal justice or a related field is required.
- PSB experience is strongly preferred.
- Function within the enclosed environment of a Control Room
- Ability to manage and promote a therapeutic environment, taking into account the varying clinical needs of each resident.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License
- Must possess exceptional time management and high attention to detail skills
Apply on company website