The Certified Pool Operator (CPO) is directly responsible for the operation and maintenance of the chemicals and equipment that directly influence the function of the LANZA Activity Center pool. Prepare, maintain and complete all service, purchases, permits or other paperwork are completed, as needed. Ensure the safety of all youth, staff and visitors is maintained by performing standard safety procedures when needed. Per-Diem CPO works on an as needed basis, during agreed upon hours for less than 20 hours a week. This position does not provide benefits.
Agency Wide Duties And Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the Children's Village.
- Complies willingly with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Supports all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting:
Respect for others
A team-centered approach
Maintenance of confidential information
An appreciation of a multicultural workplace
- Communicates appropriate information to other departments in a timely and effective manner.
- Participates in appropriate professional development programs to attain and maintain competency.
- Associates Degree, required.
- Valid Certified Pool Operator (CPO) license, required.
- Minimum 3 years work experience as a Certified Pool Operator (CPO), required.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification and Certified WSI, required.
- Previous documented CPO experience with pool mechanical operations, backwashing and everyday upkeep, pool maintenance and upkeep in relation to chemical tests and water cleanliness, required.
- Experience working with high risk youth, preferred.
Apply on company website