Agency Wide Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support the mission, program philosophy and values of The Children's Village.
2. Supports all function that attains and maintains accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies.
3. Support and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting:
Respect for others
A team-centered approach
Maintenance of confidential information
An appreciation of a multicultural workplace
4. Communicates appropriate information to other departments in a timely and effective manner.
5. Participates in appropriate professional development programs to attain and maintain competency.
6. Complies with all policies and procedures as defined by the Employee Handbook.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to all Agency and departmental Safety Procedures including reporting any unsafe practices, equipment and environment, and takes an active role in correcting the unsafe practice, equipment or environment through proper notification.
a) Coordinating intake interview; participating in the assessment of a child's suitability for placement and assuring a well-coordinated admission for each new resident.
b) Participating in setting, implementing and continuously evaluating treatment goals.
c) Utilizing clinical skills in daily practice with clients on an individual, family, or group basis and through team meetings which influence the quality of life within the milieu.
d) Presenting holistic, non-judgmental input at Service Plan Reviews and Family Team Conferences, leading to a balanced, thoughtful plan for each child/family.
3. Case Management
a) Coordinating inter/intra-agency services to clients (education, recreation, WAY, parent support, etc.).
b) Attending weekly Treatment/DBT team meetings; assisting staff in understanding needs and implementing treatment.
c) Attending appropriate court hearings or assisting court liaison to prepare for same.
d) Coordinating and providing aftercare services for children and families as needed, consistent with regulations.
e) Making home visits as appropriate to treatment needs and regulations.
f) Interfacing with appropriate agencies (ACS, OCFS, DSS, CSE, etc.) to ensure case managers are kept informed of pertinent case information.
a) Maintaining up-to-date records on all clients.
b) Familiarity with requirements of all assessment systems (ACS, OCFS, DSS, COA, etc.) and documentation of delivery of services in a format consistent with these standards.
5. Program Development
a) Participating on agency committees and at agency functions.
b) Actively involved in cottage, unit and agency work to ensure therapeutic learning environment and culturally competent practice (including conflict resolution and bias reduction work).
c) Understanding and working toward agency and unit goals and objectives.
a) Responsible for reporting to immediate supervisor, in writing, any untoward incidents and/or incidents inconsistent with Children's Village policies and procedures, particularly incidents involving suspected abuse (staff-child, child-child, child-staff).
a) Participate in agency training programs as assigned.
• Master's Degree in Social Work Required
• A Minimum of 2 Years of prior Social Work Experience
• LMSW Required
• Bilingual Spanish Required
• Experience in child welfare and residential preferred
• Ability to function successfully on interdisciplinary treatment team
• Driver's license
• Excellent written and verbal skills including ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
• Experience and training in Commercially Sexually Exploited Children, Safe Harbor, and Human Trafficking preferred.
• Training and/or experience in implementing Dialectic Behavioral Therapy or other Trauma Focused therapeutic models preferred.
The Children's Village does not discriminate against any employee, prospective employee or contractor because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic predisposition, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction history or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
Apply on company website