Position Overview: The physician filling this position provides medical care to clients of Children's Village at both the Harlem and Bronx clinics with primary focus on providing comprehensive pediatric care to children placed in our community foster care program.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
• Provides comprehensive evaluation and establishment of a medical home for children in the community foster care program
• Provides treatment for acute and chronic medical conditions for children in community foster care as well as residents at Children's Village
• Use of electronic medical record system for documentation and overall patient management
• Responsible for prescribing medication in accordance with the policies/procedures of the Medical Department
• Provide after-hours physician telephone coverage
• Attends trainings as needed and maintains CME requirements to ensure ongoing medical education
• Supervise and support medical staff in the implementation of a team model for care delivery
• Participates in program planning, staff training, program evaluation, research, etc.
• Acts as a consultant to home finding and social work departments
• Collaborates with social work, psychology, psychiatry, behavior health, and home finding teams to ensure continuity of care as placement changes occur
• Complies with ACS mandates for pediatric care
Required qualifications: MD with completion of residency in pediatrics, Board Certification/ Eligible in Pediatrics, New York State license to practice medicine, DEA certification.
Apply on company website