Position Overview: Children and adolescents in our foster care department have experienced multiple types of trauma and loss. Some are diagnosed with one or more behavioral/mental health diagnoses. The Home and Community Service Provider (HCSP) will be responsible for providing interventions that support the wellbeing and safety of children and adolescents in the AFC department. The HCSP will support children in accessing resources that will foster growth and success. The HCSP will work in collaboration with AFC Case Planning staff and the Mental Health Team to ensure that the needs of the youth/families are being met. Position may require flexible scheduling of hours to accommodate evening and weekend commitments (pre-approved by supervisor).
• CPST Levels 1-6: Bachelor's or Master's degree and certification in an Evidenced Based Practice consistent with the CPST component being delivered. Or
• CPST Levels 4-6: Bachelor's Degree in related field, plus two years applicable experience, in children's mental health, addiction, and/or foster care/child welfare/juvenile justice and no certification in an Evidenced Based Practice
• Bilingual Spanish-speaking is preferred.
• Must be computer literate
• NYS Valid Driver's license
• Ability to travel to client homes in various locations to provide services.
• Must have access to, and be proficient with computer systems
• Ability to navigate NYC and surrounding areas successfully (geography/communities)
• Evening and weekend availability
• Must Pass Fingerprint/ Background Clearance
• Ability to manage time: service provision and timely documentation submission
The Children's Village does not discriminate against any employee, prospective employee or contractor because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic predisposition, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction history or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
Apply on company website