Tetra Tech AMT is looking for a Scrum Master to provide IT application programming support for OTSP Division of Directly Collected Periodic Surveys (DCPS) and the Division of Safety and Health Systems (DSHS) in support of Office of Compensation and Working Conditions (OCWC). Contractor personnel will work in an Agile software development and shall possess the ability to work as an integral part of an Agile team to deliver high quality products and services. Participate in the development, modernization, and enhancement of the OCWC Systems. This will require a good understanding of the application's user stories, writing high quality and reusable codes to implement user stories, and thorough unit testing of the user stories. The Contractor shall also support system and acceptance testing of the user stories with Government staff. The BLS team works directly with the client on integrated teams involving Tetra Tech employees, other contractors, and government staff. So, a successful candidate must possess the following:
- Willing and able to proactively communicate with client and fellow team members
- Willing and able to work independently and proactively solicit feedback and support from team members as needed
- Must be a team player able to support any aspect of the project as needed to ensure project success
- Conduct sessions to orient team members to the Agile process as needed.
- Guide and assist product owners in the development and maintenance of product backlogs.
- Organize and facilitate the sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, and sprint reviews.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings and ensures active participation.
- Actively look to resolve team impediments.
- Participate in the backlog refinement activities including elaboration, estimation and prioritizing of Product Backlog items for each sprint.
- Drive release planning using velocity-based performance monitoring and forecasting.
- Maintain relevant metrics to monitor team performance.
- 6+ years overall software development experience.
- At least four years of work experience in an Agile environment, preferably in a variety of situations.
- At least two years of work experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- At least one year of experience using software tools to support agile development teams such as Version One or Rally.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle with respect to Agile processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, collaborate and work with diverse and dynamic team members.
- Proven ability to understand technology and dependencies operating across teams. Experience with at least one large scale agile implementation project with over 3 teams.
- Industry certification preferred
- Organization: 161 AMT
Apply on company website