Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
With guidance and mentoring from experienced air quality engineers and scientists, provide air quality services for solid waste and industrial clients. Help navigate complex air quality regulations for permitting, on-going compliance and reporting. Assist project managers by performing calculations, preparing monitoring plans, providing audit assistance, and evaluating ever-changing regulations. Additional work may involve environmental site investigations, data management, and field services as needed.
• Read and understand federal, state and local air quality regulations.
• Routine review and compilation of monitoring data and evaluate for compliance with conditions of the facility's Title V Air.
• Perform routine emission calculations and/or other types of calculations as required by a facility's Title V Air Permit.
• Prepare greenhouse gas, monthly or more frequent deviation notices, semi-annual and annual compliance reports.
• Prepare plans/reports required by the Title V Air Permit and state and federal regulations.
• Prepare requests that address alternatives to permit conditions and federal and state regulations.
• Assist client manager with addressing state regulators concerns and responses to requests and permit applications.
• Work with client operations and maintenance (O&M) staff on maintaining compliance.
• Preparation of construction and operation air permit applications.
• Preparation of renewable natural gas (RNG) air permit applications.
• Preparation of covered aerated static pile (CASP) air permit applications.
• Routine reporting and emissions calculations related to CASPs.
• Preparation of Prevention of Significant Deterioration/New Source Review (PSD/NSR) permit applications.
• Assist with oversight of performance testing of control devices.
• Assist with assessing needs of offsets and coordination of offset purchases for air permits.
• Perform air quality dispersion modeling using USEPA approved modeling techniques.
• Perform evaluations of gas collection and control systems to improve operation and/or compliance.
• Manage multiple project schedules and competing deadlines.
• Prepare proposals, attend conferences and industry events and perform other business development activities to help grow our client base.
• Co-author or publish papers in area of expertise.
• Manage office staff and professional personnel to execute large and small projects.
• Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or related field.
• 5-10 years of experience managing complex engineering/air quality projects. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Experience in the solid waste industry highly preferred.
• Strong background in environmental/air quality regulatory compliance highly desired.
• Operational knowledge of air quality models: AEROMOD, CALPUFF, others.
• Professional Engineer licensed (preferred).
• Willingness and capabilities to mentor and lead junior staff.
• Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office, and Excel. Knowledge of data management and GIS software a plus.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to think and act critically and strategically.
• Solid organizational and time management skills.
• Self-disciplined/motivated individual who also works well in a team environment.
• Unwavering personal and professional integrity.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 197 SWW
Apply on company website