Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are working together for the future of our world. We combine engineering and science with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technologists.
Join us today. You will be proud to be a part of a company built on Leading with Science.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. The Denver office is seeking to add a Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician/Specialist to support a variety of projects in a dynamic environmental consulting environment in our experienced energy practice. This practice includes routing, siting, analysis, and permitting of fossil fuel, wind, and solar electric power generation, electric transmission lines and substations, natural gas pipelines, compressor stations, and other related facilities.
- Responsibilities vary by project, but will include advanced spatial analysis, data management and research, and high-quality map production.
- Candidates must be able to complete assignments quickly and accurately following detailed instructions, working independently and as part of a team.
- Working with other Tetra Tech staff in the Denver, CO office as well as other locations as a member of multi-disciplinary teams to support projects.
- Responsible for identifying, collecting, and creating data at the appropriate scale for spatial analysis and mapping work products.
- Developing high quality cartographic work products such as stand-alone maps, map graphics as part of page layouts, and public outreach materials.
- Opportunities and constraints analysis development, spatial analysis to provide data and statistics for permit applications, critical issues analysis, and impact assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, Environmental Science, or closely related field.
- 3-5 years demonstrated work experience performing GIS tasks.
- Knowledge and experience with ESRI ArcGIS (Desktop/Pro, ArcGIS Online, Collector/Field Maps) and Microsoft Office software a must.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, CAD, or other mapping or graphic design software is also desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced consulting environment and demonstrate organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
In addition to the online resume and application submittal, candidates who are interested in joining our team should upload 3 work examples.
Salary commensurate with experience
Salary Range: $40,000 - $70,000 per year
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/en/careers.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
No calls or agencies.
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website