Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a variety of natural resources projects, with a primary focus on assisting with ecological surveys, managing field data, and assisting in the development of technical reports and permit applications.
Candidate will be required to act as a junior- to mid-level environmental scientist for projects with an ecological services component and other duties as assigned. The successful candidate with appropriate work ethic for the industry and position will be trained in many different components of environmental surveys, reporting, and permitting processes. The successful candidate should be interested in developing into a team and/or field lead. Additionally, as required by the supervisor, the successful candidate will work overtime and/or weekends. Essential duties include the following:
• Assist in performing ecological field surveys, including:
• Wetland identification, delineation, and functional assessment investigations in accordance with the USACE 1987 Manual and Regional Supplements (including data form preparation);
• Surface water quality/biological assessments (water chemistry, habitat, and/or macroinvertebrates);
• Biological monitoring (aquatic resource restoration and/or vegetation success);
• Habitat characterization (dominant vegetation; and,
• Targeted, specific surveys (flora, fauna, and/or natural communities).
• Assist with data compilation and analysis, report writing, permit application preparation, plant community mapping, and database management.
• Complete all assigned work satisfactorily and on schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidates are required to have the following skills:
• A strong background in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel;
• Familiarity with the use of Global Positioning Systems to navigate and record data;
• Technical writing experience;
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented work environment;
• Strong oral and written communication/interpersonal skills;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize a variety of assignments in time-critical situations;
• Organizational skills;
• Ability to analyze available data to draw valid conclusions;
• Extensive problem-solving skills;
• A willingness to learn;
• Adaptable to sudden changes in directions or tasks;
• Schedule flexibility to travel on short notice; and,
• A valid driver's license with no restrictions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidates should have:
• A Bachelor's or higher degree in biology, wildlife, or natural resources.
• One to three years of experience completing ecological field studies, including basic skills in field identification of vegetation and wildlife and field data collection and analysis.
• One to three years of experience with environmental permitting and other similar fields.
• Five or more years of experience with applicable environmental surveys and/or Section 401/404 permitting or similar.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 212 OGA
Apply on company website