Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is seeking a highly motived Avian Biologist to work on a project site in Cheyenne County, Colorado. The selected candidate will provide field support for avian surveys as part of ongoing environmental assessments at a proposed wind farms in Cheyenne County, Colorado. Field biologists will be responsible for avian surveys adhering to standardized protocols and keeping detailed field data sheets.
Tetra Tech is looking for field biologist to begin work in Cheyenne County, Colorado on or about the week of July 12, 2021 and to continue work for one year. Additional years of surveys may be added.
- Previous field work in wildlife ecology with preference given to experience with avian species.
- Able to accurately identify local avian species by sight.
- Precise and complete data collection is essential.
- Familiar with and competent using compass, GPS, binoculars, tablets and digital cameras.
- Comfortable in harsh weather conditions and rugged terrain (i.e., extreme heat or cold, high winds, all forms of precipitation)
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with limited supervision as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully support complex and time sensitive projects and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Able to have flexibility in scheduling due to changing field conditions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Natural Resources, Wildlife Management, Wildlife Biology, or an equivalent degree preferred, but job experience may substitute.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must also be highly motivated, customer focused and work well in a team environment.
- Familiarity with maps and be able to navigate with maps and/or GPS.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 178 TTS
Apply on company website