DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Care Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Terre Haute Regional, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Patient Care Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are looking for compassionate and skilled Patient care technician (PCT) professionals to join our Intermediate Care Unit. Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, License Practical Nurse, or Nursing Supervisor, you will provide basic patient care and assistance with activities of daily living and acts as the primary clerical resource for the unit.
- Assist with admission and discharge of your patients
- Take and report vital signs under proper supervision
- Bathing; routine bed baths, showers, therapeutic baths, Sitz baths, pre-operative bath, shampoo and facial shave
- Assist with preparation of patient for surgery, diagnostic tests, therapy
- Assist with exercise prescribed for patient; dangle, range of motion, turning, transfer from bed to chair or stretcher, ambulate, crutch walking, walkers. Know correct body mechanics for both the patient and self
- Collect specimens for Laboratory; urine, feces, sputum
- Give treatments after instruction by and under the supervision of professional nurses; i.e., enemas, ace bandages, ice caps, and bags, aquamatic pool, TED hose, hot and cold non-sterile compresses, rectal tubes, external catheters, binders. Assist with colostomy care and Foley care
- Observe and reports, untoward symptoms such as cyanosis, dyspnea, rash, character of feces, urine and vomit, accidents, complaints, and requests
Terre Haute Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. THRH strives to find the perfect life/work balance for our employees.
- Dedicated management staff to help provide continued professional growth
- Ability to self-schedule
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- 24/7 Trauma/Surgical Services and “In The Process” stage for Level II Trauma Center Designation
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 4th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
- Know accepted medical terms and abbreviations
Perform clinical skills after appropriate training, competency assessment
Certification: BLS must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training completion within 1 year of hire and maintenance of certification.
Previous training and/or experience as nurse aide desired
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website