Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) OR Technician Cert PRN with Terre Haute Regional Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Terre Haute Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Terre Haute Regional Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic OR Technician Cert PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As our Surgical Technologist you will implement practices of sterile technique in the preparation of surgical cases to prevent surgical site infection and assist the anesthesia provider as needed for the care of the patient during surgical procedure
o Participates in the “time out” with the surgical team prior to the start of each procedure and completes the surgical site verification checklist.
o Uses age-specific guidelines to position patients to promote circulation, respiratory, neuromuscular, homeostasis, and patient privacy during surgical procedures.
o Applies principles of aseptic technique to daily work practices including checking for package integrity, placing sterile items in sterile area, monitoring non-sterile personnel, confining contamination, reporting breaks in technique, and minimizing traffic flow.
o Checks all equipment/instruments needed prior to each procedure to ensure proper functioning.
o Participates in measures to improve productivity and collects data to evaluate outcomes including turnover time and first case starts
* Graduate of an Accredited Surgical Technician program (required
* American Heart Association's Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Healthcare Provider upon hire (required)
* Certified Surgical Technician
* Preferred 1 year OR experience (preferred)
* Excellent communication(verbal, written), interpersonal, organizational, leadership, exceptional interpersonal relations and problem solving skills (required)What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Certified Surgical Technician (CST), or Certified First Assistant
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Terre Haute Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is a leading acute care facilities in Indiana. Terre Haute is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Joint Commission. We have provided quality care to the Wabash Valley community for 135 years. Services include the region's only Level-II trauma center, cardiovascular services--including open-heart surgery and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion; labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; an inpatient behavioral health unit; and other specialized inpatient areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, people and our community. We are committed to each other. When we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our OR Technician Cert PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website