DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!For more than 35 years, our 201 bed hospital has served northwest Hillsborough and northwest Pinellas counties with comprehensive medical, diagnostic, surgical and emergency services. We are committed to providing high-quality healthcare with a focus on customer service through amenities that include all private rooms and room service. With a team of 500 dedicated employees and more than 300 physicians on staff, our hospital is equipped with the expertise to provide a wide array of health services. Our medical staff includes skilled, board-certified physicians representing dozens of medical specialties. Through the delivery of compassionate healthcare, you will see the desire to help others in the heart and minds of our caring and experienced nurses, medical technicians and support staff.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Mental Health Tech is a non-licensed attendant who contributes to the patient care process by assisting with activities of daily living; performing basic patient care activities and maintaining a safe, clean environment for individually assigned patients. The Mental Health Tech is under the supervision of a licensed registered nurse. The Mental Health Tech considers the special needs of the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient in performing appropriate interventions. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- At least one year of experience working within the mental health/behavior health unit strongly preferred.
- Certification as a Behavior Health Tech desired.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website